WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Rabu, 17 Oktober 2012

Personal Pronouns


Personal Pronouns


What are the pronouns in the following sentence?

Hiro said that he couldn't go.

Ryo caught the ball and threw it to the first base.

"Did we miss a turn?"


Personal Pronouns are divided into three groups:

FIRST PERSON (the person speaking)
singular - I, me, my, mine
plural - we, us, our, ours

SECOND PERSON (the person spoken to)
singular - you, your, yours
plural - you, your, yours

THIRD PERSON - (the person or thing spoken about)
singular - he, him, his, she, her, hers, it, its
plural - they, them, their, theirs


Examples:
FIRST PERSON PRONOUNS
I want to take my dog with me.
We think our way is best for us.
That boat is ours.

SECOND PERSON PRONOUNS
Did you clean your room?
Are these sneakers yours?

THIRD PERSON PRONOUNS
The reporter took his camera with him.
They like their soup very hot.


Exercise: Find the personal pronouns in the following sentences.

1. She slung the camera over her shoulder.
2. My friends and I went to a football game.
3. Are the tickets yours or ours?
4. Your mother called you an hour ago.
5. We decided to bring our dog with us.
6. Do they plan to invite him or me?
7. The record albums are mine, but the stereo is hers.
8. He gave the car its first oil change.
9. Should we meet at his house or theirs?
10. They carried their raincoats with them.